Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Where to stay that's NOT the Highland Center 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Where to stay that's NOT the Highland Center
I called and they said that it's $87 a night to stay in a 4-person room. If I want it to myself, it's an extra $32. You can get a "Private Room", for $125 a night, but since I'm by myself it's an extra $32 a night for a "privacy fee". Why do I have to pay extra for privacy if I'm already paying extra for a "private room"?

Compared to just about any business hotel I've ever been to, this price seems outrageous, and the privacy policy is simply absurd. "Private" rooms aren't actually private unless you pay more? Would they really charge me $125 for a "private room" and then put another person in there?

I understand the concept of "rates are based on double occupancy", but that means if I brought a friend, we'd have to pay $250 for a weeknight. Eat a turd AMC!!!

Does anyone actually pay these prices? And if not, where would you stay if you wanted to hike in Crawford Notch

I want to check into a place around 8-9pm next Wednesday, and check out on Friday morning. Plan is to hike Jackson/Webster on Thursday, and then find a short/fun/rewarding hike somewhere on the way home to Merrimack (plenty of options I'm sure), if I'm feeling strong. I definitely want to find a place that serves breakfast, so I can fuel up in the morning. And, if I'm not staying at the highland center, I would need to be near a place that is open for dinner on Thanksgiving day.

Recommendations please?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:26 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Where to stay that's NOT the Highland Center
I can't speak to the Highland Center thing - but I'd try a google search for something in Twin Mountain. It's right around the corner. From there to parking for Jackson will take about 10-12 mins travel time.

Twin Mountain Motor Court has cute little cottages. Some have full kitchens (refrigerator, stove), some have just microwave, coffee maker and toaster. You could either DIY breakfast or grab something at Munroe's (sp). Nothing fancy, but budget friendly fer shur.

I'm not following your Thanksgiving dinner plans though....

Good luck.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]