Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 White Mountain 4000-Footers Passports 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

White Mountain 4000-Footers Passports
Tired of tracking your 4000-footers in a spreadsheet or printed checklist? I was, too! So my brother, Steve, and I thought it would be a fun challenge to co-design a passport book allowing ourselves, family members, friends and fellow hikers to track their 48. With the help of our print partner, RC Brayshaw & Co out of Warner (named NH Green Business of the Year), we were able to come up with an aesthetically appealing and functional end product that compliments The Periodic Chart of the White Mountain 4000-Footers, also designed by my brother.

The pocket-sized book includes a page for each peak where hikers can track the date, their companions and any notes as well as a spot for placing a completion sticker, included with the passport. The center spread features a progress tracker where a second set of the completion stickers may be placed to note the order in which each hiker reaches the 48 summits.

These are currently available to order through The Mountain Wanderer out of Lincoln: http://www.mountainwanderer.com/proddet ... od=NHH4000. The store quickly sold out of the first batch of inventory delivered on Wednesday, but we are making another delivery the middle of next week (7/8/2015) once our printer finishes production. Steve Smith at the Mountain Wanderer will start shipping any back orders once we deliver the new stock.

We hope everyone enjoys using these as much as we enjoyed the process of creating them!

Attachments:
File comment: The passport features a blue leatherette cover with silver-foil letter. Its pocket-size design makes it perfect to take along on your hikes and beats a spreadsheet!
Hiking Gear2.jpg
Hiking Gear2.jpg [ 233.38 KiB | Viewed 2290 times ]
File comment: Center spread progress tracker lets you track the order in which you hike the 48.
Center spread progress tracker.jpg
Center spread progress tracker.jpg [ 204.27 KiB | Viewed 2290 times ]
File comment: Individual peak page to track date, companions, notes and place included completion sticker.
IMG_5442.JPG
IMG_5442.JPG [ 242.25 KiB | Viewed 2290 times ]
Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:45 am
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro

Re: White Mountain 4000-Footers Passports
That's pretty awesome. I was totally into the NPS passport stamps as a kid, and have I think two books of those stamps(filled up with Western and Pacific stamps and pretty much nothing in the east.) I'll try and time my next visit to TMW to coincide with the new shipment.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:21 am
Sovereign Woodsman

An excellent idea! Wish I'd thought of it - and had one for my first round of the 48.

I've heard a lot of buzz about this book...you might want to up Steve Smith's order qty.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:52 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Thank you both! We're pretty excited about it and are already planning to place an additional order with our printer to keep up with demand. Definitely a good "problem" to have Steve sellout the first day. As indicated, we will be delivering more to Steve this week and the AMC is picking them up as well. We are so happy they are being so well received. It was a fun labor-of-love type project for us and I cannot wait to get out there with mine to finish them and get my children started with theirs as well!

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Lionsheart22 wrote:
I cannot wait to get out there with mine to finish them and get my children started with theirs as well!

No doubt. Congrats on an excellent idea. You should do well with these.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Master Mountaineer

Ran into a couple on the summit of Carrigain last week who had an app for that.

Who needs actions when you got words?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am
Adept Ascender
Adept Ascender

Great idea

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]