Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

 

 

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

       
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm



Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Your Favorite 2010 Photos 
Author Message
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
Probably overkill but here's my top 20 or so. Tried for a few from all seasons. I'll take anyone who can guess where they are all taken from an all you can eat and drink dinner for two at the Moat Mountain Brewery. :wink:
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 2232
Location: candia nh
Reply with quote
 
Granite Guy wrote:
...I'll take anyone who can guess where they are all taken from an all you can eat and drink dinner for two at the Moat Mountain Brewery. :wink:



OK, I can guess ....

Owl's Head, Tecumseh, Hale, Whitewall, Carrigain
Lafayette, Washington, Liberty, Flume, Crawford,
Garfield, Galehead, South Twin, North Twin, Guyot,
Bond, Bondcliff, West Bond, Passaconaway, Whiteface....

Oh, the guesses have to be correct? Damn! ;)

_________________
"Prism means never having to feel like no one ever listens to you" - Anonymous


Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
scooter wrote:
Granite Guy wrote:
...I'll take anyone who can guess where they are all taken from an all you can eat and drink dinner for two at the Moat Mountain Brewery. :wink:



OK, I can guess ....

Owl's Head, Tecumseh, Hale, Whitewall, Carrigain
Lafayette, Washington, Liberty, Flume, Crawford,
Garfield, Galehead, South Twin, North Twin, Guyot,
Bond, Bondcliff, West Bond, Passaconaway, Whiteface....

Oh, the guesses have to be correct? Damn! ;)

:shock: I did mean guess correctly but I suppose you might have me there! You got two right though :wink:


Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 5664
Location: Not Mass 8)
Reply with quote
 
Granite Guy wrote:
Probably overkill but here's my top 20 or so. Tried for a few from all seasons. I'll take anyone who can guess where they are all taken from an all you can eat and drink dinner for two at the Moat Mountain Brewery. :wink:


The only ones I'm positive on is the stairs going from Washington's summit to the parking lot and Chocorua Lake.

_________________
Adventure is not a race. - Unknown


Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 5664
Location: Not Mass 8)
Reply with quote
 
This might be my favorite, What a day. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Image

_________________
Adventure is not a race. - Unknown


Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:08 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 2232
Location: candia nh
Reply with quote
 
Granite Guy wrote:
:shock: I did mean guess correctly but I suppose you might have me there! You got two right though :wink:


So busy being a wise@$$ I didnt appreciate the pictures themselves enough :)


I really like the long exposure one (4) and the hdr (8 if i didnt lose count).
Were these all the same camera?
What camera are you using?


Hey Joe, I didn't know they have skiing in Hawaii ;)

_________________
"Prism means never having to feel like no one ever listens to you" - Anonymous


Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
scooter wrote:
Granite Guy wrote:
:shock: I did mean guess correctly but I suppose you might have me there! You got two right though :wink:


So busy being a wise@$$ I didnt appreciate the pictures themselves enough :)


I really like the long exposure one (4) and the hdr (8 if i didnt lose count).
Were these all the same camera?
What camera are you using?


Hey Joe, I didn't know they have skiing in Hawaii ;)

All the same camera (Canon Rebel XSi), which I'd really like to replace with the newest version that takes 1080 video also. I just have to figure out what to do with this one. EBAY maybe? I guess I'll figure that out after the holidays.

I like playing around with the the HDR stuff when I get bored. Haven't quite mastered it yet but since my brother showed it to me a year or so ago it's been a fun way to kill time now and then. It isn't right for all of them but it definitely brings certain ones to life.


Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 5664
Location: Not Mass 8)
Reply with quote
 
Zealand Notch

Image
Image

_________________
Adventure is not a race. - Unknown


Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
[quote="JustJoe"]Zealand Notch

Image
I love Zealand Notch. Looked like great color too. Since I didn't get there to enjoy it this year I decided to do Joes photo in HDR to take me back. Great shot he got of a great place, no doubt about it.
Image


Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 2232
Location: candia nh
Reply with quote
 
Granite Guy wrote:
I love Zealand Notch. Looked like great color too. Since I didn't get there to enjoy it this year I decided to do Joes photo in HDR

{edited to fix quote }

Very nice pseudo from a single pic! what software are you using?


Here's one from earlier in the season -
Image

and looking the other way ....

Image

_________________
"Prism means never having to feel like no one ever listens to you" - Anonymous


Last edited by scooter on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 5664
Location: Not Mass 8)
Reply with quote
 
How's about spring. 8)


Image


Now someone needs to come up with winter. :P

_________________
Adventure is not a race. - Unknown


Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 pm
Profile
Adept Ascender
Adept Ascender
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 688
Location: Cambridge, MA
Reply with quote
 
Anne meeting Marty at the Mt Washington Observatory:

Image

Tish with the bold gray jay landing on her foot:

Image

_________________
Tony
NH4ks 48/48


Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
scooter wrote:
Granite Guy wrote:
I love Zealand Notch. Looked like great color too. Since I didn't get there to enjoy it this year I decided to do Joes photo in HDR

{edited to fix quote }

Very nice pseudo from a single pic! what software are you using?



Photomatrix Pro 3 I guess it's called. You can get it here if anyone's interested. http://www.hdrsoft.com/

I'll warn you ahead of time if you like the effect it can get very time consuming fine tuning them, especially those made from a single exposure, but it's a fun thing to try while out on the trails or just a new way to play around with your favorite old photos. Sometimes I shoot contrast in a scene for the effect I want but for others it really makes more like what the naked eye can see or even pop off the page depending on how much you enhance them.

This is just one of the river in my town at sunset but if anyone's interested you'll get the idea.
Unedited
Image

And HDR
Image


Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 5664
Location: Not Mass 8)
Reply with quote
 
Young bull in beaver pond in Zealand area.

Image

The Rutt, Franconia Notch 8)

Image

Same Bull

Image

Cow in the Pemi

Image

_________________
Adventure is not a race. - Unknown


Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 
Granite Guy wrote:
Image
Image


These are awesome. What detail and regal splendor w/the loon, and excellent contrast w/the red jacketed backpacker.

I love them!

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Hike-NH.com based on STSoftware.