[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - Trip suggestions for first winter summit

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:52 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Trip suggestions for first winter summit 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Trip suggestions for first winter summit

My Trip Reports:

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 am
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Personally I'm not interested in harmony with a certain someone. You all can have at it. I'm here to post trip reports, share where I go, learn from the others, chat with the people I know from here and who's opinions I actually value. If posting lots of trip reports on everything from local nature trails to Acadia and the Adirondacks and everything in between of all sizes for all abilities and trying to get other to enjoy them also makes me an elitist so be it, although it would seem to be the exact opposite of the words meaning, but definitions don't seem to be a strong suit for some. I do post in most threads also. I am either friends with, friendly with, or have at least met most of the regulars here and enjoy their company on the trails and their insight into whatever and a little chatter on these forums when they check in. There are many good people on here, all that I have met in person are people I wouldn't hesitate to hike with any day. There are no elitists. Even the ones who hike the elite hikes that most people couldn't dream of arr as down to earth and friendly in person as Anyone you'll ever come across on the trails. Commenting on things they take the time to post and I take the time to read, or questions asked is what the place Is for no? Silly me for being under the impression the forum was actually for posting trip reports and commenting in threads. I wish everyone did more of it, it would be a lot more fun to read reports and have more activity going on as opposed to checking in and seeing nothing new and having to have to read tirades against the cost of AMC huts, the cost of search and rescue and having all of us collectively being called a bunch of elitist shils for one thing or another for giving advice we actually base on experience and not theory.

But, I guess that's why most people post all their reports on their blogs or Facebook now or don't even bother. I don't have a hiking blog or use Facebook very much so I'll keep hiking, posting and contributing my elitist reports on every tree I walk by here. This, and hiking forums in general will probably continue their decline because nobody wants to deal with jokers who cant comprehend what is stated, already know it all and have to launch 4 paragraph long rants against people and get personal with those who simply state an opinion that differs from theirs, or in my case was actually pretty much the same. Me, I just don't value anything people like that say when they go on the attack enough to care, so rant on, and when your done maybe post something and contribute to the place and help keep it on life support so they don't pull the plug on it for lack of use/interest.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 am
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:51 am
Sovereign Woodsman

My Trip Reports:

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 am
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:38 am
Master Mountaineer

You guys have forgotten the number 1 rule of being here: HIKE YOUR OWN HIKE!!!

Who needs actions when you got words?

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:46 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:07 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

GG - Just tell me what the formula is. You have my entire hiking resume handy at this point, right?

What test must the OP and I pass before you would bless a 4k hike to anywhere except tecumseh on 1/30/2016? How can I prove to you that I'm strong enough to step away from my TV and central heating? You're aggrivating my inferiority complex, and I just want to feel worthy enough to be allowed outside sir????????

Please, Mr. Boreas, oh great and powerful God of the North Wind, please grant me permission to set foot on your magnificent landscape.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:13 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

^ And now you have a practical example, so you'll never forget the definition of the word hyperbole.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:47 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sorry is I came off wrong. Apologies!

Edit -- GG posted this while I was posting on my phone -- now I really DO look all whatever! I guess not much to be done about it now.

Last edited by Grindboy on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:48 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next