Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 how do you prefer to view TR pics. 

how do you like your TR pics?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:58 pm
Full size (Go big and I'll see them at home)  56%  [ 5 ]
Sized to fit for mobile (I don't care I want to see it now)  0%  [ 0 ]
Sized for mobile but links to full size (cake and eat it also)  44%  [ 4 ]
Text only please my mind is my canvas  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Sovereign Woodsman

In light of of the current site issues. How would you prefer to view TR pics?

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: how do you prefer to view TR pics.
Don't access this forum via any mobile device. I believe I am one of three people left still using a flip phone, which works just fine for me thank you very much. :shock:

I prefer trs interspersed with pics, I am a visual learner and though I can visualize what is written, one's description of what they deem to be a "moderate incline" or an "easy duck-under" or any other such perception-driven condition might vary considerably from my own - so pics, to me, are pretty close to essential in a tr. Just my 2 cents.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I enjoy seeing them in the report but I also don't particularly care about the size. A link to the album is nice, though. I typically upload my photos at 1600 pixels on the long end of the photo... I'm not sure where this fits in on the poll, but it's surely not full sized. I also typically view this site from my computer, not my phone.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:13 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

krpayer wrote:
I...don't particularly care about the size.

Good point. What he said. Not an option within the voting options.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:04 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

I voted sized for mobile with a link to an album. Really I'd rather see bigger pics if it could scroll, but since it can't anymore...plus I think I get to see more when people link albums and I don't mind a flip book. When I have downtime at work it's nice to be able to flip through and read the comments and respond, which I can't do when reports aren't optimized.

I always wait to watch videos at home to see and hear them better.

For my own reports I do stitch a lot of panoramas, so selfishly I wish I could throw those in at a larger size.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I said full size. I sometimes check in on mobile and it's a pain, but I like to be able to SEE the pics enough to appreciate them, but don't often bother to click a link for a "full" album. I know, I'm weak like that.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:37 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Grindboy wrote:
I said full size. I sometimes check in on mobile and it's a pain, but I like to be able to SEE the pics enough to appreciate them, but don't often bother to click a link for a "full" album. I know, I'm weak like that.

I have to say I too am weak like you GB....I often do not check link for full albums either. Waaaa Waaaaaaaa

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:08 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

[quote="Kathy"]Don't access this forum via any mobile device. I believe I am one of three people left still using a flip phone, which works just fine for me thank you very much. :shock:

I prefer trs interspersed with pics, I am a visual learner and though I can visualize what is written, one's description of what they deem to be a "moderate incline" or an "easy duck-under" or any other such perception-driven condition might vary considerably from my own - so pics, to me, are pretty close to essential in a tr. Just my 2 cents.[/quote

I don't even have that. I have an $8.00 tracphone, but it's indestructable and survived a night (or more!) on Moosaulake!

I like the photos interspersed as well, what I would really like is how to figure out how to do ours. Other wise you're all stuck with your imagination only and my humor.

I like anything, Chuck and Cheryl's link to their videos works for me as well, Joe Keys, too.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I wish the style sheet wasn't broken and we wouldn't need this discussion. But that's out of my hands (and seriously, I am grateful for this forum being here to begin with!). So, based on what we have now, well, I still view the site almost exclusively on a computer. On my work system, super-wide pictures still break the layout and the sides get cut off (plus long lines of text too). So far my home monitor seems big enough that no one has broken it yet (challenge :!: ), so worst case I wait and view there. I always tried to keep the size down to 800-1000 on the long side for TRs here, even before, as bigger was too much scrolling for my lazy finger :D

Short form: go for whatever means you post a report with pics to enjoy!

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Since this site isn't optimized for mobile, I'd prefer as large as possible without getting cut off on the right. In my experience, 640px seems to be the breaking point.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:01 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I seem to be in the minority as at first I chose Mobile but then changed it to Mobile but with a link (didn't realize I could change my vote a day later). I use my phone for 95% of my web browsing.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:36 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Kathy wrote:
Grindboy wrote:

I have to say I too am weak like you GB....I often do not check link for full albums either. Waaaa Waaaaaaaa

Glad for the company Kathy, we'll be weak together.

I do check the full albums on occasion, but just not regularly (same for videos, actually, I'll watch probably 1/4 of them).

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]