[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - To Grid or not to Grid?? That is the question! ;-)

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 To Grid or not to Grid?? That is the question! ;-) 
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Re: To Grid or not to Grid?? That is the question! ;-)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 pm
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro

Scott, I think CrazyBob is probably in the upper 30 %'s. He's like me where he's done a lot of peaks in the same month over and over.....

We also talked about doing some variations of existing lists:
- The Anti-Grid: the grid, but hike within 5ft of the summit and turn around
- The Drag 48: Full drag with wigs, make-up, dresses, etc.....
- The Winter Drag 48: Same as above except in Winter- still working on some Micro-spike prototypes that will fit on 4" pumps. No need for Televators.
- The Couch 48: Find a nice couch, and haul it to the top of every peak. Perhaps a nice sectional.
- The Potty 48: Haul a Porty Potty to the top of every peak.

There are others, I simply won't repeat here.

ybnormal
Petch

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Petch, That's great! I actually did read somewhere about some guys dragging a couch up the Ammo. Don't know how true that was, but just the idea of it had me laughing. Make sure you all wear warm leggings underneath your dresses for the winter 48! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

I once saw a group of frat guys drag sheets of plywood, trash barrels and 4 30 racks of Keystone (ouch) to the top of Moosilauke. Does that count?

NH 4k Single winter season 14'-15'
NE 67 58/67
Grid 198/576

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Those ARE great ideas. . .

(for somebody else).

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:16 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 pm
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I see the grid as more a life time achievement award but not something to be persued over a small 3 or 4 year period. But like GG said hike your own hike.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I think doing the grid in 12 consecutive calendar months or one calendar year (either way) can be done, but it requires extreme work-life-hiking flexibility. The closest I've ever heard of personally is Jason Beaupre doing 7 rounds in 2014. He finished the grid in December.

Tim

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:21 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Can you make a general announcement if you're going to do this? I would love to see this!

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro

Sun May 01, 2016 10:11 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Im tired just skimming it!

Tue May 03, 2016 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next