Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Packs for women? 
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

Packs for women?
My wife is always complaining about how her pack hurts. Anyone tried the packs for women? I think Kelty makes one, and the North Face too.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:36 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

My wife uses the Camp Trails Nightsong and loves it. Anyone else?

Sun May 02, 2004 8:14 pm
 women packs
Several of my friends and my girlfriend have all turned to Greggory packs. Their packs in general are very comfortable and extremely adjustable, and from what I understand their women design specific packs are just fantastic. Like I said I know at least four women who've know started carrying them.

Fri May 14, 2004 9:09 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I bought a pack from EMS last summer and I love it. I've been hiking a few times since then and haven't had any problems with it being uncomfortable. Their packs have different frame sizes you can choose from, so that was helpful for a small person like me.

Kate

Wed May 26, 2004 10:49 am
 womens packs
This is a little post dated but if anyone benefits - great. As a seasoned thru hiker and local hiker I have found(through my girlfriends testing) the best packs for women are Dana Designs or Gregory. We have used both companies and find they are equally impressive in durability, load distribution, compfyness with Dana having the ability to be a little more body specific. Hope this helps

Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:57 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

This topic moved to Women's Gear talk. Better late than never...

:lol:

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:19 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I hike with an Osprey (Backside) as a day pack. I also hike with an Arc'Teryx Bora as my multi day pack. It is a little heavier but extremelly comfortable. It is a great womens pack. Amy

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:54 pm

My sister & I are Osprey enthusiasts. I had a Dana, but I have to admitt I prefer the Ospery. Their womans packs are extremely comfortable, especially the hipbelts!

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:57 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

wow i'm way out of date with this post... but does anyone have pack recommendations for one that is:

-for women
-good at hugging close to your lumbar spine (i always have problems with this with my current pack)
-has straps that are comfortable to wear with bare shoulders (i.e. tank top), and are NOT upholstered with a fabric with millions of 5mm holes across it? those hurt like crazy on a hot day and just start to take your skin right off!

cheers

Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:14 pm

Welcome Cirrusa!

The good thing is that a LOT of the companies are getting smarter and making more gear specifically designed for Women.
While Arc Teryx is a bit pricey, there are some other companies also making packs for women that are a bit more reasonable.
Check Gregory and Dana Designs, they seem to be the leaders. Then check out some of the sites like Backcountry (see the link below), and also Sierra Trading Post (for close outs) or even REI (at least to try a few on first). Mt Gear also has some serious gear, but check their sales for some decent deals.
REI usually has a 20-30% off sale coming up soon. Sign up for their Gear Email and they'll send you a coupon for saving $$ off 1 item.
Hope this helps,
Bill

Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]