Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Timberline tent? 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Timberline tent?
Anybody here use a Eureka Timberline tent?

I have a Timberline2 that I got probably 20 years ago. We used it primarily for car camping waaay back when. It hasn't seen much use as of late, but I'm thinking of doing an overnight backpacking trip or two this spring. I'm working in TN for a while, and would love to hit up some trails while I'm here. And, since I'll be solo...might as well do some overnighters.

I'd rather not buy a new tent just now, as I just bought some new Tubbs Alps, and I still need to buy a stove(I don't have time to make an alcohol stove with my work schedule) and cookware.

If I really get into backpack camping, I'd look for other alternatives, but for a few trips per year...I think I'll be ok with this tent. It's a great tent, and has plenty of room. I also have the gear loft, and vestibule for it, but would probably leave both behind to save some weight. I know the Tiberline is fairly heavy.

I've been to REI for my first time ever down here....can see spending alot of cash there!

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I'm not sure what model it was but we used Eure tents when I was in boy scouts 20 years ago. Good tents from what I remember. Weight would be my only concern.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I remember it being a fairly rugged tent, never had any problems with it in the past...especially in the rain.

I'm not sure what the actual weight is...I'll have to put it on the scale. I used to use a tarp under it when car camping, but I'll probably go with tyvek or visquene when back packing.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]