Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 SHOES 
 SHOES
Anybody have any suggestions as to light hiking boots/sneakers? Mine are getting worn out & they are rather heavy and klunky. Any suggestions for womens hiking boots or sneakers? Thanks a bunch. :)

Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:37 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

There was a thread back in April on this that might give you some ideas; there were quite a few links referenced (I have not gone to any of them). Also, check the gear reviews; I reviewed my boots a while back, and I still love them. While not shoe specific, I suggest shopping (or at least trying on) in a store with a ramp designed for testing hiking shoes--LLBean and EMS stand out. There were boots I liked at EMS until I hiked up the ramp.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:41 pm
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

At McKenzies Gear Store in Lincoln Square on Main St, Lincoln, yesterday I saw a lot of m & w Lowa's on sale for 50 - 70% off list. In the $60 range for a $150+ great quality boots... and a big selection of everything else!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:06 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Asolo
I have had trouble with soar feet myself. The main problem is I have narrow feet w/a high arch. Recently, my all leather boots had begun to kill the ball of my feet. So naturally I bought new boots while it rained in the whites. I found that the Asolo Stynger GTX were just absolutely the most comfortable women's boot I have tried yet. I have only taken them on a 6 mile fairly low incline hike, but they were almost like wearing sneakers w/ extra support and waterproof capabilities. I read on some site that backpacker magazine named this boot in their top buys for 2005, but don't know if this is true. Hope this helps. :D

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]