Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Boots / Shoes for Hiking -- Limmer 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Boots / Shoes for Hiking -- Limmer
I have sen various posts on what foot ware is best. My opinion on the shoes / Boots for hiking is you need to invest in your feet as that is what will get you where your going.

You get what you pay for. I have hike various MT in the Whites of NH and level areas. I think limmer is the way to go. Get a pair of the Light-weight if your a day hiker or the Ultra-lights for even shorter level walks. Limmer has other boots for longer pack hikes, plus they have been in business a long time and if you take a trip to their shop in NH to get a fit, they will make sure your boot fits your foot right, unlike the sales folks at at the outlet shops. The break in time is minimal. Also, get a inset for extra pading as new folks to these books might feel it is to hard on the feet at first. http://www.limmerboot.com/home.html

I have tried other brands / knock offs, but they do not last and limmers should last you a long time, mine are 10 years with minimal adjustments.
Cheers
Stonecold

Wed May 04, 2005 7:57 am
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

I couldn't agree more and made in NH! I've only heard the best words from their customers. The seams have 5 full rows of stitching -- no other company has more than 3. My friend just had the Vibram soles replaced and the rest of the leather shoe looks like it'll last another 10 years. Limmer = total quality.

Thu May 12, 2005 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]