Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 FOT48 2014 
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Alright, so we've got the time and place set. Now what about food. BYOB worked last year but we should have another sign-up so we don't end up with all the same stuff or not enough or way too much or whatever. I'm happy to bring some kabobs again for the grill, or burgers and dogs or whatever anyone preferrs so chime in. I'll bring at least enough for all the definites for the hike and visitors after if the visitors commit somewhat. I don't want a ton of leftovers again to drag home though. It was a good group to chill out with after and looks like it'll be at least most of the same faces again. Hopefully more new ones! Last year there was way more than enough between the kabobs, brats, chicken, brownies, cookies, chips dips and pretzels and more. People also brought plates, napkins, utensils etc.

So sign up for something if you can. Any of the above, pasta salad, fruit salad, whatever. I'll bring a grill and kabobs unless anyone objects, and honestly if that's all that shows up a plate of grilled meat and veggies and a couple cold drinks is good with me. Extra grills will help out. I think we had 3 last year. And if you think you might stop by, or at least give half an effort to doing so speak up now so you won't go hungry! :D

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:15 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I'll bring my grill again for grilling whatever needs grilling.

As for food, I'll be simple. I've got a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry that needs to leave. I'll wrap them in some cookie dough ;) Oh, and I'll have beer/sodas of course :)

I'll dig out the flagpole this weekend and clean up the hardware a little. We'll need rope for rigging on the summit, it'll probably take more than the one set of ropes this year given we will be above treeline and it was pretty calm last year too. Hopefully not quite like 2 years ago though :shock:

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:56 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I can whip up some home made hamburgers. I have my grille. I can bring a Coleman stove as well if that's good for anything. What kind of cord do we need? I can grab some for the cause. Also. If I print out the victims list. Is there a way we can attach that to the pole as well?

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:05 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

If I get off, we will bring pasta salad and chocolate chip cookies.

I like the idea of the names list. There is also a flag where the names are worked into the red stripes (and maybe the blue field). I've seen it twice - at a house a few blocks away and at the Littleton Diner.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I'll bring some sausages or brats plus a pack of rolls to go with it, plus some obligatory beverages.

If you had some of those plastic page protectors (for binders) then you could probably put the print-out pages in those and zip tie it to the base of the flag pole. Given the winds on Lafayette it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have loose paper.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 am
Sovereign Woodsman

thegibba wrote:
I can whip up some home made hamburgers. I have my grille. I can bring a Coleman stove as well if that's good for anything. What kind of cord do we need? I can grab some for the cause. Also. If I print out the victims list. Is there a way we can attach that to the pole as well?

Cord-wise, bring what ya got I guess. Paracord worked fine last year, if we have something less stretchy it may be useful depending on the winds. But let's not drag anything too heavy/thick up there. Duct tape works for attaching stuff ;) The clear protectors Kris mentioned might be a good call for if it's a little damp and/or windy.

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 am

I've got a couple 1/8 x 100 reels of braided polypro that haven't been touched since last year if I can find them. We can chop them up as needed. Quite certain they were only $3 at Lowes.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

My buddy has a bakery and makes awesome pizza. It is like bread pizza. Trust me you will love it. I can bring bread and rolls too. I made some cherry hot peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone. I will bring a few jars of those. Of coarse I will have beer and lots of ice. Anything else I can bring, just let me know. I am trying to bribe you guys so you will wait up for me. I am not the slowest hiker, but it sounds like I am hiking with the fastest hikers.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:31 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Mike z wrote:
I am trying to bribe you guys so you will wait up for me. I am not the slowest hiker, but it sounds like I am hiking with the fastest hikers.

These are nice people Mike, you'll be all set. Of course, if you can somehow wrangle your way into being the flag bearer........ :wink:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:45 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Mike z wrote:
I am trying to bribe you guys so you will wait up for me. I am not the slowest hiker, but it sounds like I am hiking with the fastest hikers.

Your bribery is accepted! :D Don't worry about your hiking speed, we stay together as a group and it sounds like we'll have plenty of time to get up there.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:36 am
Sovereign Woodsman

krpayer wrote:
I'll bring some sausages or brats plus a pack of rolls to go with it, plus some obligatory beverages.

If you had some of those plastic page protectors (for binders) then you could probably put the print-out pages in those and zip tie it to the base of the flag pole. Given the winds on Lafayette it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have loose paper.

You're bringing your kids?!?! :lol: (i had to).

Greg

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:52 am

Granite Guy wrote:
Alright, so we've got the time and place set.

Too many pages to look back through. Where is the place? Not sure I'll make it (I have some other factors I have to consider after the hike), but if I do I'll bring ribs and a grill.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 am

yeah, where you guys meeting. will more than likely not be eating but would not mind shaking some hands and saying thank you.

Also, WildCat D has a full peak cancellation. If anyone know anyone interested, the tram is open to use as well for non-hikers. Message me if interested.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:06 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

SilentCal wrote:
yeah, where you guys meeting. will more than likely not be eating but would not mind shaking some hands and saying thank you.

Also, WildCat D has a full peak cancellation. If anyone know anyone interested, the tram is open to use as well for non-hikers. Message me if interested.

Sounds like a perfect peak for Keyz!!! Joey wake up!

Greg

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I think we settled on the Loon picnic area on the Kanc for festivities (weather pending), but correct me if I'm wrong.

Ha, Greg. No kids, but you and Brian are welcome to stop by :lol:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next