Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 North and South Kinsman 5/5 
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

North and South Kinsman 5/5
After my attempt at last weeks Wildcat range hike came up short I wanted to make sure this week would be a change of pace. I left shortly after work on Friday night and drove to the Lafayette campground where I arrived around one. I easily fell asleep in the back of my wagon shortly after that without hesitation.
I woke around 7 and went to the store to have a coffee. I was suited up and on the trail by 8. There was a few older couples making their way up to the lonesome lake and we quite kind as I passed. I quickly made it to the hut and stopped for a quick breakfast. At this point I put on my micro spikes and started up the Fishn' Jimmy trail. The trail was nice and solid early in the morning and I made great time to the top. From here I connected to the Kinsman Ridge trail. There was not a cloud in the sky and no one at the top by this point so I stopped for about a half hour on top of North Kinsman and got some great sun. I then made my way over to South Kinsman and was there in no time at all. I stopped for a moment and took some pictures. Realizing that I liked the ledge over on the North mountain more I decided to make my way back there.
At this point the trail was quite busy with other hikers. By the time I got back to North Kinsman I encountered three other groups of hikers. I had a quick trail lunch on the Rock ledge enjoyed the views and made my way back down. I decided to just do the same trails back down. At this point the snow was warming up and it was very mushy. I wore my spikes all the way back down to the lonesome lake hut. I started at 8 and finished at 1:30. Great day for a hike and I loved it from start to finish. Wonderful Sunday on the Kinsman range.

NH 4k Single winter season 14'-15'
NE 67 58/67
Grid 198/576
http://www.viewsoftheshire.com

Mon May 06, 2013 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]