Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 After I finish? 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

After I finish?
I was wondering what the process is after i finish climbing the 4000 footers of the white mountains. I found a website: http://www.amc4000footer.org/index.html

Are all the addresses and information correct on that page? It looks old and not sure if its been updated in a while. Does anybody know how many members there are for the amc4000? or the NE111 (my next goal)? The latest numbers on that website are from 2008.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:26 am
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Yes, everything you need to know and do is on that site.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 am
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Re: After I finish?
jhiggs8 wrote:
I was wondering what the process is after i finish climbing the 4000 footers of the white mountains. I found a website: http://www.amc4000footer.org/index.html

Are all the addresses and information correct on that page? It looks old and not sure if its been updated in a while. Does anybody know how many members there are for the amc4000? or the NE111 (my next goal)? The latest numbers on that website are from 2008.

It's been roughly the same number that finish each year lately. So you can extrapolate from the 2008 numbers and would be pretty close. I think that the NEHH any season is now over 700 and the NH48w is really close to 500 if not over. Those are my most recent finishes and the only ones I was really paying attention to.

The NE111 is way less than the 48 or 67. What I have noticed, and this may be only my warped perception and in no way factual, is that there seems to be a lot more 111 finishers who started out with the ADKs and then came to New England to finish than the other way around. I don't know what the reason for that would be. For me the stuff in Maine isn't much closer than the stuff in New York, but for 4k's anyway there are a lot less.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

The most-recent application, http://www.amc4000footer.org/app/AppWM4.pdf, includes the following finisher numbers:

As of April 10, 2010, these clubs had the following numbers of officially registered members: White Mountain Four Thousand Footers 9381 (winter 469), New England Four Thousand Footers 2404 (winter 134), New England Hundred Highest 713 (winter 88 ).

Tim

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

As of that date I believe there was less than 100 dogs as well.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:51 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Thank you for the information, planning on finishing tomorrow on Mt. Garfield.

Steve, I started in the ADK's, i finished those up about 12 years ago with my father and brother. Then college and gas prices got in my way, i couldn't afford to drive to the whites until i was out of college and working. Hopefully i can consolidate my trips to maine to 2 more trips because that is quite a haul for me in NY.

I am not sure why it seems there are more ADK46ers venturing to the whites than the other way around, I just love the idea of working on lists and enjoying the mountains. It is a 4.5-5 hour drive one way for me.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]