[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - mount carrigain

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 mount carrigain 
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

mount carrigain
thinking about doing mt. carrigain via signal ridge trail in the middle of june 2 maybe 3 day hike .Any advice ? please .

Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 am
Sovereign Woodsman

It can be done in a day as well. A two day hike would be relaxing but I think that a three day hike might be pushing it. Once on the mountain there aren't really too many other trails to explore apart from the Desolation Trail which goes down the other side of the mountain from the summit. I DO know from unfortunate experience that there is a very good chance that there will still be a LOT of snow on the Desolation Trail even in June. The Signal Ridge Trail was pretty much clear of snow though at the same time.

I don't have any ideas for you by way of where to set up camp though - maybe someone else will!

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:32 am

If you come in from Signal the first 3 miles is fairly flat. just after the split wouldn't be bad to camp. Climb Carrigain the next day and over Desolation and camp night 2.
Not a lot of miles though so you may consider coming in from Nancy Pond and making a loop of it with a car spot.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:47 am
Sovereign Woodsman

What I did once was get a late start, lazy hike up Carrigain Notch Trail and camped out a fair ways off trail next to one of the larger brooks near the end of the notch trail. Climbed Desolation to Carrigain the next day and out Signal Ridge. A relaxing two day-er.

Thu May 12, 2011 1:48 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.

Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Thu May 12, 2011 3:18 pm
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

thank you
good advice , I will cut it down to two days I think i'll go up signal ridge start down desolation if I hit snow I'll turn back . thanks again !

Fri May 13, 2011 7:16 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Fri May 13, 2011 9:04 pm
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

Good advice

Sat May 14, 2011 8:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]