Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Saturday, November 13th 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Saturday, November 13th
I apologize if this isn't the proper section to post this but I would I would really like to bag my first 4k on this date. Would anyone be interested in joining me? I am from RI and haven't been able to get up to your wonderful state until often at all over the last several years but it is time for that to change. I have been reading up a lot lately and still have no clue what I would want to hike but was hoping to find someone here that would have an idea and would be up for hiking it with me. I am a 22 year old male and in good enough shape and with enough heart that I shouldn't have a problem hiking at your pace and I have enough common sense to stay safe on the trail and not have to depend on anyone to carry me through so to speak. On the following Sunday, I have a Jeep run in Hancock, NH so I was thinking I could drive up Friday and most likely sleep in the Jeep then hike Saturday and head for Hancock early Sunday where I will meet up with my Jeep club as well as my girl friend. If someone is up for the hike and wanted to follow me down to Hancock I would even be willing to let you ride with me and my GF on the Jeep run. If not, that's fine too :) Please feel free to post any suggestions as well as any interest on hiking with me. I really look forward to it. If anyone is in fact interested we can exchange numbers or something so we can touch base ahead of time. Sorry for the long winded post.

Alex

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:23 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Decided on Pierce and probably Eisenhower.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm
Adept Ascender
Adept Ascender

Good choice Jeep Guy! Unfortunately I'll be working on the 13th. :evil:

Have a great hike!! And regardless of whether you find a hiking partner you won't be alone. A very popular destination and for good reason.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 pm
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

Departure time?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Thank you very much Pam :) I was planning on getting on the trail around 7 or so but if we wont need that long I don't mind leaving a little later or earlier if I need to. One of the guys in the Jeep club said he MIGHT be interested but he also said that the last time I was up in NH 2 weeks ago and it didn't happen. I don't mind hiking solo however I ALWAYS welcome good company. A car at each trail head is nice too, my feet HATE flat ground lol.

Alex

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]