Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How many bathrooms? 
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

HardcoreIdiot wrote:

Well, as long as your not at 13000 feet in the rockies with 20+ people around you and no trees.

Greg

You better not or else you might just have this happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN0LA8IzWAk

Brian

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

HardcoreIdiot wrote:
Anna Banana wrote:
rock quarrie wrote:
But you mean to say that this guy never took a leak in the woods?

I thought men LIVED for opportunities to do just that. Any excuse to pee on a tree, on a rock, in the snow, your neighbor's hubcap.....

I know I do, Anne! :twisted: If you have to go, no use holding it. Well, as long as your not at 13000 feet in the rockies with 20+ people around you and no trees.

Greg

Funny you mention that. Yes men, at least I LOVE to pee anywhere outdoors, hell I'd probably use my back yard if the neighbors weren't so close, but anyways we were climbing Washington this February and just above Lions Head there was a large group of people, 25 or so, looked like a guided tour, and it was the women who were just dropping trou right there and squatting in the snow. 2 or 3 at a time just laughing and having a ball about it. Litterally 5 feet off the trail above treeline as four of us walked by and they didn't seem to care at all. There was nobody else around either so it's not like they couldn't wait a minute either but I guess in my experience they don't hold it as well either. Another time I came around a corner on Tucks just passed the waterfall and had a woman squatting right in the middle of the trail again and she went all over herself trying to get her pants up as quick as she possibly could.

So yes men do love to go out of doors but at least we, or me and my friends anyways, tend to get off the trail a few feet so nobody will step in a puddle and make sure the coast is clear.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

We had th same thing happen on South Baldface. We were down on the North slope of the summit (out of view) relaxing. When we packed up and headed out we came up and around the East side behind some of the large rocks up there. Well, there were 2 woman peeing back there, one of them said "oh f*&^"! And they both pulled there pants up as quick as lightening very ambarassed. We pretended not to notice anything, but got a good chuckle over it. Hiking tip: if your going to break treeline on a trail, go while you still have some cover!

FOT48: North Tri '09, Passa '10, Willey '11

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 am
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

A few years ago I took a city-slicker friend from NYC and some of his family up Mount Washington. Since none of them had ever been in the woods or hiked before I suggested that we do our first hike on a lower, easier mountain. He insisted on Washington because that's the one he had heard about. As I was telling him what to bring with him, he said "isn't there a 7-Eleven or somethiong along the trail?". I explained the facts of life to him and decided to take the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail up so that we would have the option of taking the Cog back to the car if neccessary. It'sa good thing I did. It took us all day to get to the summit as we arrived about 15 minutes before the final train left. Otherwise it would have been a very long night.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2