Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 FOT48 2017 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: FOT48 2017
Granite Guy wrote:
Just an FYI for anyone who may see this. Matt didn't have time to transfer possession of the pole this week so unless he thinks of another way to get it to us the group currently has no pole.

Sorry again I couldn't make the transfer. I tried to jam too much into a day :/ Still didn't get to Gorham until midnight as it was.

I do have the pole, and if you guys end up needing it I can look into shipping it out. It shouldn't be too expensive to do that. Or if you guys band with Joe then I know he's got a good rig.

I'm going to try to hike a 14er that day and at least bring a flag, we shall see. In the event's honor. :beer:

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I'd be up for just tagging along with Joe and his buddy, especially if it's just GG and myself. Tom sounds great to me for both distance and staying below treeline. I'll be commuting during the official sign up but I'll check in later tonight and I can sign up for something then if no one's signed up a slot for me.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:15 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

I didn't get a peak this year. Matt, Peter and Beckie were a no. Ian and Kris were maybies. Haven't heard from Spencer. Have no pole anyhow so decided it would be best to either join someone with room or just hike up and say hi or whatever. Seems like a fun group event and I'd feel bad just hanging out on a mountain with a little flag by myself if it came to that.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Wasn't easy but I got Moriah. Plenty of room left. Good luck signing up though, new format is running like the broken Hike-NH. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Maybe using the same web hosting site? It actually sounds like the same problem that pretty much stuck a fork in this forum.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Yikes, you weren't kidding about that new format... that's awful. It took me 5-6 tries but I finally was able to sign up for Moriah. GG, you should join us (if you can figure out the website). It may not be an official Hike-NH group, but we can still represent :D

I have my 5x8 flag if needed, although I know Joe has a solid kit. Looking forward to it, finger crossed for better weather than last year.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Wow what a disaster that sign up was. But I eventually got signed up. And let's face it, there is no more Hike-NH group, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

GG, you could, and can always join in with my group, as long as I can keep it going. We generally have ten sign up, but our attrition rate is crazy high: last year our 10 broke down to 3 and the year prior, 2. I figured it was my turn for an easy go on the sign-ups rather than the frenzy that generally ensues so we agreed before hand to set ourselves for a less popular peak: Zealand it is. Interesting though, that Moriah was our 3rd. 8)

It's all good, and nice to see we're all - or most of us are - still hiking. Saw your report on NETC Beckie for Cube. Nice. I haven't posted a tr here for a bit b/c a tr w/o pics is, well, the same as NETC really. And loading the pics is so cumbersome. I've been posting to FB mostly so my non-hiking relatives (read my 93-year-old-mom) can enjoy the wilderness.

Anywhooooo.....hope all is well w/all my Hike-NH peeps. I do miss this forum and the jocularity that was the norm. Alas.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 am

krpayer wrote:
Yikes, you weren't kidding about that new format... that's awful. It took me 5-6 tries but I finally was able to sign up for Moriah. GG, you should join us (if you can figure out the website). It may not be an official Hike-NH group, but we can still represent :D

I have my 5x8 flag if needed, although I know Joe has a solid kit. Looking forward to it, finger crossed for better weather than last year.

Actually Kris, I sent a message to all Moriah people. In it, I asked you to bring your 5X8 flag. For the first time in a long time there's no trees to worry about getting over. That will make the flag more visible.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 am

I haven't received any emails. Wondering if my spam filter plucked it out but I don't see it there either. Hmm...

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Granite Guy wrote:
I haven't received any emails. Wondering if my spam filter plucked it out but I don't see it there either. Hmm...

Have sent a total of 3 including one today. Have had responses from 4 so it's getting through to some looks like.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 am
Sovereign Woodsman

1. Kathy, do it anyway! Imagination is a great thing!
2. Everyone else, if I only had the #$% I'd call in sick that day and join you!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Beckie and Prema wrote:
1. Kathy, do it anyway! Imagination is a great thing!
2. Everyone else, if I only had the #$% I'd call in sick that day and join you!

Beckie re #1: Done. :D ~ re #2: Just do it. Don't call in sick, just call in.
My boss knows me well enough to know I will call in well...she asks very few questions.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:08 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Best of luck tomorrow, everyone! Looking forward to seeing the photos of the various groups.

By the way.... I was on vacation for two weeks, and we tried to climb the Howker Ridge Trail (which was what the Hike NH group would have done last here, if it weren't for the storms). I was dehydrated and the only reason I did not bail was because we were staying overnight at Madison. I don't think I ever could have done this last year! Again, hope everyone has a good climb tomorrow.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2