Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What's on tap for 2017? 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: What's on tap for 2017?
Kathy wrote:
Beckie and Prema wrote:
Attend the awards night to see folks get their patches (that's Spencer, I think :beer: among other people).

And Joe. And Bob. And Brian if he finally submitted his original 4K-anytime paperwork.

I may still yet submit mine! :lol:

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:02 pm
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

Kathy wrote:
Beckie and Prema wrote:
Attend the awards night to see folks get their patches (that's Spencer, I think :beer: among other people).

And Joe. And Bob. And Brian if he finally submitted his original 4K-anytime paperwork.

My any season I submitted like 10 years ago. The one that I have not gotten around to was the winter 4K one. Finished that in 2012. I guess 4 years late is better than never? :lol:

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Still waiting on my scroll/certificate thingy in the mail. Once that comes, I can start looking forward to the awards ceremony for real!

NEFF: 31/50
NEHH: 75/100

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:53 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

hiker0200 wrote:
Still waiting on my scroll/certificate thingy in the mail.

Me too! That darned 4K committee is really slacking. 8)

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:53 am

I don't know how they do it these days, but when I was a boy 8) I think we got the patch and a letter in the mail when the thing was processed but had to wait until after the ceremony to get the scroll in the mail if we didn't show up at the awards ceremony to pick it up in person. Or maybe that new guy on the committee is just slacking off. He doesn't post here anymore and I think his blog is MIA, at least I couldn't find it last time I looked for it. Probably required to wander the 4K's nonstop or something now.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Granite Guy wrote:
I don't know how they do it these days, but when I was a boy 8) I think we got the patch and a letter in the mail when the thing was processed but had to wait until after the ceremony to get the scroll in the mail if we didn't show up at the awards ceremony to pick it up in person. Or maybe that new guy on the committee is just slacking off. He doesn't post here anymore and I think his blog is MIA, at least I couldn't find it last time I looked for it. Probably required to wander the 4K's nonstop or something now.

I've done 2 now, anytime and W48. Don't remember for sure but I thought you get a letter and the patches (extra if purchased) in the mail fairly soon after mailing in the application. Then, you get your scroll in the mail after awards night if you don't go.

Bueller (Greg), Bueller (Greg) 8)

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:10 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Granite Guy wrote:

IIRC all the paperwork is handled by one person, Eric Savage. And, he's got a life outside the 4K Cmte, like the rest of us!

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:59 am

Kevin Rooney wrote:
Granite Guy wrote:

IIRC all the paperwork is handled by one person, Eric Savage. And, he's got a life outside the 4K Cmte, like the rest of us!

I know that. That was a joke about Greg, which I'm sure almost everyone but you got. :roll: I've met Eric. Great guy, who I'm sure (as you so astutely pointed out) has a life year round and a lot going on this time of year especially, like the rest of us.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:33 am

Plus, I was told by a good source that Eric reads every essay sent with the applications. Pretty devoted. :)

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:30 am
Sovereign Woodsman

He doesn't miss a detail, either. He noticed a small discrepancy between my application and Prema's. Since we had stated all hikes were done together, he emailed to see who had the correct date!

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:32 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Granite Guy wrote:

I know that. That was a joke about Greg, which I'm sure almost everyone but you got. :roll: I've met Eric. Great guy, who I'm sure (as you so astutely pointed out) has a life year round and a lot going on this time of year especially, like the rest of us.

Yup, very small circle here.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2