[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - Some surprises from the AMC 4K awards this year.

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Some surprises from the AMC 4K awards this year. 
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

Some surprises from the AMC 4K awards this year.
So now I don't have to keep quiet anymore. Tonight someone very dear to me became one of the newest members of the 4000 footer club committee:

(at the moment the video is sideways....sorry, but Youtube is in the process of flipping it for me, so hopefully by the time most see this it will be fixed)

Personally I think they made a huge mistake picking the WORST person possible! :lol:

OK, all kidding aside, Greg is one of those few people (like my friend Jim and Joe and Salty) who is more than just a friend, more like a brother. I, Joe and Salty are proud of this honor. He is pretty modest about his accomplishments, but needless to say he has the cred for this. I will also say that Jean Sebastion Roux is another friend, and also quite deserving of the honor. As for Sommerset (I hope I am not butchering her name...if so I am dreadfully sorry :oops: ) I have never met her, but Greg tells me her list of achievements is quite extensive as well. In other words the members of the committee have picked three great people to fill the ranks, so much so that choosing 2 out of the three was too tough a decision that they just took all three. :beer:

In other news, a man with a heart pump and aged in his 60's finished the 4K's last year. He was helped by his daughter who carried spare batteries for the pump. Well done!

The 4K club has announced a new patch and scroll for the 4 Season 4K's. As the name suggests, you must hike all the 4Ks in each 4 seasons. However, the caveat is you must ALSO do 48 hours of trail maintenance to qualify.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:59 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Some surprises from the AMC 4K awards this year.
So now I can put in for my patch! Do I get an autograph? A kick in the rear?

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:14 pm

I told him I guess I should probably finally submit my winter 4K application....even though it is 4 years later. :lol: Problem is I can't seem to find my application, and I don't remember any of the dates. D'oh! :oops:

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

That's awesome! So, do we have to call him MR. HardCoreIdiot now?? :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:29 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Is the AMC starting a high points a bushwhacks division?! :D I have one of the old scrolls that's missing three of the mountains. Maybe I can get a new one with an autograph too.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:16 pm

What I was most happiest about was that this occasion finally got Salty out and about. It takes something serious like this to get him to come out and visit with his friends. :D

I will say that the new way they do it to hand out the awards makes everything go much quicker. The ceremony, despite having a record turnout (and next year they are planning on taking the venue to the larger high school nearby) the whole thing was done and over by about 9:00.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:33 am

The larger high school?! Oh no. Now I have a five minute drive instead of a five minute walk! :D

Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:01 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:41 am

It is ironic that Greg is an AMC member and on the committee now. I'll leave it at that. :wink: But still, congrats GregO. Can't wait to see you in your official green shirt next year. Now you, Keith, and Jean need to get the AMC to go back to recognizing the NH200. 8)

May I go to the bathroom? :P

A packed house.

Last edited by JustJoe on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:03 am

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:57 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:48 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:49 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:51 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:54 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next