[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - A special "where from" quiz just for Kathy...

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 A special "where from" quiz just for Kathy... 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: A special "where from" quiz just for Kathy...

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:08 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:10 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:20 pm
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:54 am

My first NH48 was Lafayette back in 2000. It was a Saturday and I specifically remember being able to park in the lot on the south bound side. i.e. Lafayette Place/Lonesome Lake. It was about an 9:00 AM start. I also remember that it was not that crazy on top and it was a gorgeous day. And as for the rest, it's pretty much like it was for Kris. Other than my last peak, I was done in 2008. I think this whole over the top NH48 craze, started about 3 years ago and has grown exponentially out of control over the past 3 years. But, since there's no way to regulate the number of hikers in the WMNF, just suck it up. :P

Ipod and blinders might help. 8)

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:37 am
Master Mountaineer

Who needs actions when you got words?

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:09 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:18 am

I think everyone has pretty much stated what I think. Weekdays and early starts are the best way to avoid crowds now. In the Whites, Acadia, Monadnock, Chocorua... wherever. You can still get some peace and quiet if you can do that. As Joe stated the real craze seems to have started relatively recently. Social media? The Grid game? Who knows why, but the AMC48 in general are way too overcrowded to expect solitude these days unless you can hike on weekdays and/or get early starts. If you hiked in winter on the 48 ten+ years ago it was actuall surprising to see anyone else. Summer was busy but not like today. Why, when I was a boy... :D

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:53 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Nice avatar Joe.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next