Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dog Control 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Dog Control
Kind of no different than what gets posted on vftt really. :twisted:

Greg

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Thread already drifted, so:

On Facebook, I don't even like half of the people that I actually like.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Raven wrote:
I have managed to this point to not sign up for Facebook, however the comments I have heard posted on the 4,000 footer site make me want to sign up just to see what all the fuss is about. I'm not going to do it, but I have wanted to read some of the posts on there for kicks.

I've managed to avoid signing up for Facebook too. But my wife signed up last year, and I sometimes login under her ID. That's a good solution. You don't have to have an account, but you can still lurk anonymously. I've posted a few things when signed in as her too, but she's not exactly thrilled when I do that.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:24 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I spend so much time here, New England Trail Conditions, and VFTT, that if i ever start with Facebook my house and yard will really go to the dogs (see, back on the topic :lol: )!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 pm
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

hophiker wrote:
Raven wrote:
I have managed to this point to not sign up for Facebook, however the comments I have heard posted on the 4,000 footer site make me want to sign up just to see what all the fuss is about. I'm not going to do it, but I have wanted to read some of the posts on there for kicks.

I've managed to avoid signing up for Facebook too. But my wife signed up last year, and I sometimes login under her ID. That's a good solution. You don't have to have an account, but you can still lurk anonymously. I've posted a few things when signed in as her too, but she's not exactly thrilled when I do that.

Thanks! That's a great idea. Maybe I will do that as well. What's her login info? ;)

So since I contributed to the drift, to get back somewhat on topic, I saw a couple with the smallest dog I have yet seen in the Whites headed up Caps Ridge last weekend on Jefferson lol. Either of my cats would have eaten this thing. No leash necessary as the dog spent most of the time in the arms of its owner.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:20 am
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

So far in my very short time hiking I've seen:
Random hikers with dog at trailhead looking for owners. Owners further up the trail frantically looking for dog.
Lost dog posters.
Many unleashed wet, muddy, friendly, jumpy dogs. Lady, I don't really want your dog jumping on me.
Aggressive leashed dogs.
Tiny puffball dogs. Why bring that on a trial?
Friends with dog on hike, on leash, but always under foot. Nothing like dancing over a pooch while trying to tackle tricky trail.
And blessedly the occasional well behaved leashed dog. And more rare the unleashed. Ran into a guy at Echo lake setting up for a trail race. He had a massive white dog that was wonderful.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:24 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Hello everyone. :D It's been a while since I've posted but being a "bad dog" discussion I figured I'd add my .02.

Marlie has hiked probably over 1000 miles with me and she is far from perfect. However, we have learned what works and what doesn't. IMO the answer is as little contact with others as possible. I have never had a negative experience keeping my distance and I always yield to others on the trail. In short I assume that everyone dislikes dogs unless they tell me different. We all share the trails and keeping my pup safe is a top priority. Some people are just plain ignorant and no dog is 100% predictable.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:20 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

We've had the pleasure and honor of meeting Marlie (FOT48, 2013). She's a great dog.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 pm
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

New Hampshire wrote:
Don't feel bad. The person who runs that FB page is a bit of a.....well, I will use tact and simply say said person can be "difficult."

I'll just say it, the person that runs that page is a complete a-hole. 8)

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 am
Sovereign Woodsman

BobC wrote:
New Hampshire wrote:
Don't feel bad. The person who runs that FB page is a bit of a.....well, I will use tact and simply say said person can be "difficult."

I'll just say it, the person that runs that page is a complete a-hole. 8)

Sssschtop it Bob, no he'sssss snot. Gawd.

Greg

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2