Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Hiking Partners 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hiking Partners
Anyone looking for hiking partners? Anyone willing to be a hiking partner? Post here!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:51 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Re: Hiking Partners
Chris wrote:
Anyone looking for hiking partners? Anyone willing to be a hiking partner? Post here!

Looking for a hiking partner for weekend hiking in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. If interested, please PM me. I am open to any hike and am in good physical condition. Last summer I hiked to the top of Mount St. Helens in Washington state.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:59 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I'm looking for people to peak-bag with during the week. I lead mountain hikes regularly in the Whites on the weekends and there's always room for one or two more.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:06 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

how do you guys do it?
This is a bit of a variation on the theme. But, I have to admit, I look with more than a little bit of envy at the guys who have girlfriends/wives as thier hking partners. Finding women to date has never been a problem, but getting them out of "comforts" of modern life, and into the dirty yucky world of backpacking has proven impossible. Just getting some of them to go for walks in local parks can be a trial. I had one, who I swear, intentionally wore her best shoes, so she could say, no, I have my good shoes on. So, to get to the point, how do you guys do it? Is there a hiking chick shortage in my area, and I am just not looking far and wide enough? Or are hiking chicks made? Wussie women converted to dirt loving, sweat enduring, mosquito resistant gals, who are able to wistand the shakes brought on when they are away from their showers and make-up mirrors? What are your thoughts?

Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:54 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Maybe the Women's Forum is the best place to ask this question? I think in my case, by wife was the outdoorsy kinda girl to begin with. I "found" her through another friend who is also active outdoors. Other than that, I think introducing yourself to every woman that walks by on the trail is a good place to start! :) Kidding of course...

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Wanted: Hiking chick......
Yeah, I can see it now, I put up an ad, either in the Womens Forum, or the For Sale/Wanted/Promotional section.
Wanted: Hiking chick, must have experience. Tent and backpack a plus. Training available. Must be able to multitask and must be dog friendly. All qualified applicants can send a resume and photo to the above email address.
I think it will work. Better than introducing myself to every woman that walks by on the trail, uh, er, not that I um, tried that, or anything. Thanks for the advice, now, anyone know a good lawyer that might help with a few restraining orders?

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:31 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I hike 3 or 4 times a week and have single women accompanying me on nearly every hike. (sometimes I accompany them :D ) Many of them I met by posting hiking events at http://www.gonewengland.org/

I also send emails and PM's to every person I find that's looking for hiking partners. I've met dozens of interesting people this summer, mostly women......and some of them are real cuties. :D

There are a lot of hiker chicks out there, just not a lot of camping and backpacking chicks. I think many of them have become too dependent on their showers and beds. :lol: or they assume that spending the night in the same forest with a guy implies something.

I hope this doesn't sound like Nh_Mtn_Hiker's version of "How to pick up chicks". It wasn't meant to. I'm primarily looking for hiking, camping, and backpacking partners, and if I should meet the one who can answer YES to the question on my license plate..Great, if not, at least I had a good time hiking, camping, and backpacking. :D

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:06 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

but, but, but.......
"or they assume that spending the night in the same forest with a guy implies something." Nh_Mtn_Hiker

I don't know if I understand what you mean by "implies something" I am coming from a generation that doesn't seem to care about such implications. Unless they were afraid that spending the night in the woods meant she wasn't as feminine. Personally, I have always had a thing for girls with a little "tom boy" in them. Just don't seem to land any, always end up with the ones who would rather play dress up, or lets go shopping. Ugh, the mall is the last place I want to spend my weekends.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:29 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Maybe I should have worded that differently. Anyways, that's a can of worms I don't feel like opening up here. :D along with politics, abortion, religion, etc., it's too easy to offend people without intending to.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:40 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

yeah, good point..
should stick to safe issues, can't be too pc these days, never know when it will bite you in the, uh, um, er, anyways, don't want to offend anyone. The hiking partner issues is really moot for me anyways, I have Oscar. He might be a little difficult at times, but he is always up for a walk, hike, swim, whatever. Dogs really are mans best/only friend.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:20 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: yeah, good point..
photohikedive wrote:
Dogs really are mans best/only friend.

That's a sad thought... I like to think I have a couple human friends!

:D

Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:27 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

What can I say? I am a solitary person. That or people just don't like me, not sure which. At least with the dog, I can tie him to me, and not only is it legal, in some places its required. Just try that with a woman... uh, actually don't, remember my requests for a lawyer? Nuff said.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Hiking partners
Back to the subject. I would love to work towards a trip to Rainier next summer. So, anyone interested in hiking during the colder months into winter let me know.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]