Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Yeah I can post Pictures finally 
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

Yeah I can post Pictures finally
I've been wanting to see a sunrise for a long time now, but I'm just not a morning person.
Sure I've been up and on the road, but never at the horizon to see the sunrise. Well, Saturday being
the latest sunrise 7:23, (before the time change) was my chance. So I picked up my hiking buddy and
off we went to Old Orchard Beach to watch the show. It was a great way to start the day.

There is a different feel to a sunrise then the many sunsets I've seen. Maybe it's just me..

As I looked around I saw the longest shadows ever, how cool.

So now I see what I've been missing. It took me 56 years to see a sunrise, I wish I hadn't waited
so long.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:46 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Yeah I can post Pictures finally
If I sometimea wake up early and just can't go back to bed I'll hit the beach for a sunrise. Kind of ready for me since I live 5 minutes from it. There are always people out there running and enjoying life. May as well enjoy it. People on the west coast don't get to see sunrise over the ocean. In another way is also different. It's usually quieter and calm at sunrise. There is always a hustle to sunset.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:04 am
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

pgwido wrote:
So now I see what I've been missing. It took me 56 years to see a sunrise, I wish I hadn't waited
so long. [/img]

And great pictures too. I really like the one with the sun coming through the pilings. Post them frequently. This site could really use some activity lately. :( And WOW 56 years and no sunrises? Luckily you live in a great state for them to make up for lost time. Little or big hikes all over the place from Agamenticus, Marginal Way, Bradbury Mountain, Giant Stairs in Harpswell, Camden Hills, Acadia... and so many more. Just get a good headlamp and away you go! Nothing like seeing the world wake up. Sunsets are nice and probably more colorful but I'll take a good sunrise over one any day.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:54 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Gorgeous! Congrats! I remember our discussion when we ran into each other (for the second time, and both unplanned!) at Ferncroft about not posting your reports due to no pics. Of course, that brings up the pressure, NO! I mean encouragement, for you know who to get with the picture. Because I know that Youtube Afroman video I posted doesn't count :lol: :lol: :lol: .

We can all recommend good places for you to spend your mornings! Good work!

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:18 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

VERY cool! I also am not a morning person, though the sunrise trip I made this past summer was SO worth the effort. I LOVE that 1st pic

Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]