Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Mt Adams and Mt Madison Aug-20-2016 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Mt Adams and Mt Madison Aug-20-2016
We arrived at the Appalachia Parking Area in Gorham at 7:30, which was completely full. Parking on the side of Route 2 we took the Airline Trail to the Short Line Trail with the intent of getting on the King Ravine Trail. Off the King Ravine trail was the Subway, were I took my pack off twice to make the tight squeeze between the rocks. At about 4 miles in, we rejoined the Short Line Trail which we followed right up to the Mt Adams Summit. There was very few people on the trail, which was surprising since the parking lot was so full. The summit was packed, we defiantly made the right choice taking Airline up. We had lunch on the summit of Adams and headed on the Star lake Trail to Madison Springs Hut to refill a couple water bottles.
We approached Mt Madison using the Osgood Trail and spent about a half hour summit enjoying the sunny day.
Hoping on Watson Path to the Brookside Trail we headed down to get on Valley Way back to the car at 4:30.

It was a great day warm and sunny with very few clouds. All river crossings were easy as expected this time of year.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]