Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

 

 

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

       
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Big Bickford 1-30-2016 
Author Message
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2515
Location: In your underwear drawer
Reply with quote
 Big Bickford 1-30-2016
http://hchikingnh.blogspot.com/2016/03/ ... 02016.html

Another winter bushwhack of a peak I have been to three times now. Its nice in any season and with this winter's lack of snow, it was the perfect time to do this one.

Greg

_________________
http://hchikingnh.blogspot.com/


Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2763
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
1. You bare booted this??!

2. How come nobody harasses the HCIdiot for doing the same trail numerous times???? :roll:

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:12 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 1123
Location: Nashua
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
I can guarantee he did not take the same route that he took the previous two times, although that would be impressive in itself. Plus, if you've seen then summit of Big Bickford then you'd understand :wink:


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Kathy wrote:
1. You bare booted this??!

2. How come nobody harasses the HCIdiot for doing the same trail numerous times???? :roll:


Well, you can't harass someone for hiking the same trail when they're bushwhacking! :wink:


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 am
Profile
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 4700
Location: Goffstown Avatar:I love you, you love me!
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Kathy wrote:
1. You bare booted this??!


Last week, when we ended our hike, he boasted proudly "well, I did it, I went the entire winter season without needing to use snowshoes." :D

But let's just not mention his microspike use, shall we. It would not be pretty. :twisted:


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:40 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2763
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Granite Guy wrote:
Kathy wrote:
1. You bare booted this??!

2. How come nobody harasses the HCIdiot for doing the same trail numerous times???? :roll:


Well, you can't harass someone for hiking the same trail when they're bushwhacking! :wink:

Wait. There are rules for harassment? Sh*t. Can I get a copy of the guidelines? I've just been harassing willey-nilley, with no regard for rules and regs. :P

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:02 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2515
Location: In your underwear drawer
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Rule #1. You can harass me all you wish. I can choose to ignore it :P

Rule #2. There are no other rules.

I think they would have a real reason to harass me if I did this hike every weekend, or every other weekend.


Greg

_________________
http://hchikingnh.blogspot.com/


Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:30 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 1664
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
What a great looking canister!!!!


Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:49 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2763
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
HardcoreIdiot wrote:
Rule #1. You can harass me all you wish. I can choose to ignore it :P

Rule #2. There are no other rules.

I think they would have a real reason to harass me if I did this hike every weekend, or every other weekend.
Greg

I do NOT hike the same route every other weekend. I rotate them out. :wink:

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Kathy wrote:
HardcoreIdiot wrote:
Rule #1. You can harass me all you wish. I can choose to ignore it :P

Rule #2. There are no other rules.

I think they would have a real reason to harass me if I did this hike every weekend, or every other weekend.
Greg

I do NOT hike the same route every other weekend. I rotate them out. :wink:


I can't speak for anyone else but if you take the Dry River approach to Pierce you for sure will get no harassment out of me. I assume you have done every possible route with so many trips, but if not, that one makes for a pretty awesome hike.


Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:36 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2763
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Granite Guy wrote:
Kathy wrote:
HardcoreIdiot wrote:
Rule #1. You can harass me all you wish. I can choose to ignore it :P

Rule #2. There are no other rules.

I think they would have a real reason to harass me if I did this hike every weekend, or every other weekend.
Greg

I do NOT hike the same route every other weekend. I rotate them out. :wink:


I can't speak for anyone else but if you take the Dry River approach to Pierce you for sure will get no harassment out of me. I assume you have done every possible route with so many trips, but if not, that one makes for a pretty awesome hike.

I'll keep you posted. And I will be sure to take a few hundred pictures as that will be an overnight for me to extend the fun.

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 2264
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
I've had my eye on this one since salty posted his report on it several years ago. Wonder if with husbands help I can do it someday. It looks straightforward, this from the person who gets lost in her backyard. :oops:


Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am
Posts: 1820
Location: Lynn MA
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Kathy, the mt. Clinton trail does have a tentsite on it. You would likely have a lot of solitude there.


Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 am
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 Re: Big Bickford 1-30-2016
Looked like it could be the quietest site in the Whites. There's also Nauman. Not as quiet when the hut is open, but a nice option to spend the night almost on top. Then head for Ike and down the Mt. Eisenhower trail. No quieter way to see Mt. Kathy than that.


Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Hike-NH.com based on STSoftware.