[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Hike-NH.com - View topic - a Dog's Tale of a hike up a Mtn

Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 a Dog's Tale of a hike up a Mtn 
Sovereign Woodsman

a Dog's Tale of a hike up a Mtn
Hoover here-i talked my friend hiking lady into typing up my very own trip report! I would have done it myself, but I can't type since I have no thumbs and I don't read or write, but here it goes!

I noticed Hiking lady putting things in some type of bag and rushing around and that usually means she's leaving for a car ride without me. I hate it when she leaves without me on her days off from wherever she goes 5 days a week, because she seems so happy, like she is going off to have fun without me! So I decided I would have none of it and gave her that really sad look like P-L-E-A-S-E-!!! That's not working, so I tried blocking her from leaving giving her another P-L-E-A-S-E!!! Oh wait, wait, she is grabbing that long line thing with the special noose she puts around my neck! Could it be? She is walking to the big moving thing, she's opening the back door... I'm not taking any chances and am jumping in before she says that "NO" word! Oh boy, I'm in! I'm going for a ride! I made sure to slobber all over the windows cause it is just so cool to do that. Oh don't forget to stand on the console and it leaves a really cool paw print! Oh boy she' driving! Are we there yet? Periodically I drool on her in excitement. After what seemed like a really, really long car ride, we stop in this big parking lot. She says something to me to the effect "bear peak" and "ski area" but I don't see no bear, so I don't know what she's talking about. I just know that if she doesn't let me out of this contraption on wheels, she's going to have some doggy poo to clean up. I run to the first tree I see and get down to business after sniffing for the very right spot. Not long after that she has her sack on her back, and we are walking up past some very big building and started walking up some field. The smells!!! Oh my, over here and there, I can't get enough of these smells-hurry up hiking lady, your to slow, take that stupid thing off my neck so I can really check this place out! Wait, wait, what's this up hill deal! Hey wait! Its steep! I'm panting! You didn't mention anything about up hill! I hate mtns! I'm boiling, if I could stop panting long enough maybe I could enjoy the smells. Oh boy, wait for me hiking lady! I don't want to go up that steep slope! I think I'll sit here for a while and take a break in tthe shade its' too hot out here, don't you know I have a fur coat! Water! Water! What? I have to walk to you way up there if I want any? Thirsty! Can we go back down? How about I meet you back at the truck? Honest, I'll stay nearby the truck, honest! (Doesn't she know I wouldn't have the energy to go anywhere?)

Do I have to go over these rocks? They are sharp? I'm too weak, I'm a big dog you know, I'm not sure I can get over that vertical wet and slippery ledge hiking lady. I'll wait here for you. No? What do you mean "we're almost there?" What the heck does that mean when we are still going up? Don't you see I'm having a heart attack? What are you pointing at? All I see is a big hill with a building on top? Are there cookies there!? Cookies! Really? Wait I think this is a trick! Well alright. But it better be worth it! Soon enough we are at a ledge sitting in shade and my heart is busting out of my chest and all I can think of is food and water. She keeps talking about "views" and saying "beautiful" I assume she is talking about me, since she's patting my head. Oh it feels so good to stop. Wait, what? Where are you going? Down? Oh that's more my style. Hmm this looks easier than that other way, wait rocks, ouch, sharp, slow, can't see them, they're buried in high grass, steep down! Whoa! Watch that step it's a doozy! Are we there yet! Why are you taking so long hiking lady? You look funny crabwalking over those rocks. Finally, downward movement at a quicker pace, now I can sniff as I go along! Why is hiking lady so slow! I'm already half way down the mtn and can barely see hiking lady! Where are you? Hello? Oh geez, I better wait here for her. Maybe I have time for a quick nap! I must have dozed off, hiking lady is almost to the bottom! Wait for me! I'm sore and tired are we there yet! Oh wait we're passing that building! There's that white thing I ride in! Yippee! She's digging out more water and goodies and telling me how awesome I am (why does she tell me something I already know). I want to take a nap, but she wants me to jump in to that white thing. I don't think I can do that, but I'll try. What do you know I did it! I may be 7, but I still got it. Oh boy nap time! Ok be very quiet now, so I can get some shut eye. I promise not to ask "are we there yet." Heck, I'm not sure I'll ever get out of this box, I'm so tired! I know one thing I will never ask to go anywhere with hiking lady again on those days where she is smiling and has her pack! Never! She can have that hill climbing!! I'd much rather guard the house aka; sleep all day! My very first trip report and probably my last. It wasn't worth all the cookies I got! She's crazy!

Hoover

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

Oh, I'm still laughing! I bet if I took my 5-year-old Lab mix on a hike, he'd have the same reaction.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:53 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]