Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 48! (Long and multi-part) 
Master Mountaineer

Thanks Cal

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:24 pm
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

I will comment on the weather issue as such:

Our group consisted of many people with plenty of experience. We all made the decision on wether this hike would go down or not. Nearly ALL weather reports I had read called for the thunderstorms to come in very late in the afternoon (5pm or so.) But as usual, the mountains had it their way. Be that as it may, I never asked any indivdual to push on to the summit against their wishes. In fact, the tail end group, who really did not need this peak THAT bad still decided to push on of their own free will. I trust my friends implicitly (especially since many of them have many years of experience over mine.) If only ONE had said "I do not think we should be doing this right now" it would have been "see ya Moosie another day"....PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION.

And, as my post of additional "Thanks" shows, I did indeed thank Magic. I may not agree with many of the things he does or says anymore, but I do recognize the contribution he made.

Brian.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:46 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

As much as it saddens me to do so, I'm locking this thread because several of the posts have degraded to personal attacks, and that's something that I will never allow on this site.

However, as administrator of the site, I do get to have the last word.

Warchief, I would have a lot more respect for your comment if you had read the entire post (I know it's long). I'm the first person to choose safety over accomplishment, I've cancelled several hikes in the past beacuse of the weather, however in this case thunderstorms were predicted for late in the day, and we constantly evaluated the weather on our ascent. We agreed at the beginning of this hike that at the first sign of thunder, we would cancel the hike. The good news is that thunder only arrived long after we had summited and descended 10% of the way back down.

Now, let me say this once and only once. This site is NOT about attacking people personally, it's about hiking. From this point forward, any personal attacks will result in an instant ban, regardless of who you are. I consider most of you personal friends, but there's no reason for questioning someone's morality or whatever. If you have a bone to pick with someone, use email or even PM them if you want, but disparaging someone publicly is base, childish, and completely unnecessary.

Let's get back to hiking.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2