Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mount Kearsarge 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Mount Kearsarge
Good afternoon all! Just an update for folks on the status of the trails on Mount Kearsage, my German Shepard & I have just returned from a quick afternoon hike up Kearsarge. The Winslow trail (red & 1.1 mile) is in good shape, with plentiful red markings to lead the way, the trail is being well maintained with good waterbars in place. The Barlow trail (yellow & 1.7 miles) is also being well maintained and is well blazed for anyone not familiar with Kearsarge. Overall, I was impressed with the work being done on both trails. Nice mountain for a quick hike.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:01 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hope you don't mind Smokechaser, I moved this to the Trip Reports section. Welcome to hike-nh.com!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:15 pm
Master Mountaineer

Another excellent hike is Kearsage North (3268'). Hiking the Mt Kearsage North Trail will give one the feeling you're ascending a 4,000 footer and it's such a lovely hike. The Weeks Brook Trail, both accessable from Hurricane Mtn Road on Rte 16 just North of North Conway in Intervale, is less steep, a little bit and visits Shingle Pond.

The fire tower on the mostly bare summit makes a great place to see the North Country with its' 360 degree views and stay out of the wind if need be. Don't forget to sign the summit register.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:10 pm
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

I did get a chance to climb Kearsage North late this summer and it was very nice :D The weather was great and the views were excellent! Been so busy with work I haven't had a lot of chances to get out otherwise, but am hoping to do more hiking or even cross country skiing this winter. Can't wait!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]