Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WTH??????? (I used H, because this is a family forum) 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: WTH??????? (I used H, because this is a family forum)
New Hampshire wrote:
I drove down Tripoli road yesterday to do the East Pond loop....what a zoo! It was like the mess that is Lafayette place/Campground transported to Tripoli Road. Some tentsites had literally dozens of cars!!!!! :shock:

Brian

I thought Tripoli was closed this year while they completely re-do those sites and how they are managed? Did that get completed already? Those sites were always party-central in the summer when I would drive by. :?

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 am
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

madmattd wrote:
I thought Tripoli was closed this year while they completely re-do those sites and how they are managed? Did that get completed already? Those sites were always party-central in the summer when I would drive by. :?

I honestly don't know. But the rangers were out with their giant "STOP HERE for tent passes" sign. Also saw one cruising in the green truck, I assume checking up on people.

Brian

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:50 am
Sovereign Woodsman

GO FIGURE!!!!!! Saturday we had Plans A and B in the car. Got off in Lincoln to read the sign - as to be expected, a whole lotta RED! Off to 302, Zealand - FULL, Sugarloaf I - FULL, Sugarloaf II - no full sign, maybe they didn't get a chance to hang it up yet. But we drove in anyway... And on the Saturday of the Fourth of July weekend 2016 at 5:30 pm, there were three vacancies!

As for Tripoli Road, one of my co-workers used to go there years ago. It kind of makes me think of the White Mountains' answer to spring break.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:19 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Beckie and Prema wrote:
And on the Saturday of the Fourth of July weekend 2016 at 5:30 pm, there were three vacancies!

Timing is everything

As for Tripoli Road...it kind of makes me think of the White Mountains' answer to spring break.

HA HA. EXACTLY!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:23 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

krpayer wrote:
thegibba wrote:
You can always camp in the chez sandwich range wilderness. Right beyond the sign there are no rules regarding camping. 5 feet off the trail or right across it . Wherever you wish.

This wouldn't be too convenient since SRW boundary is set back quite a bit from the Kanc and route 49 (0.5-1 mile) and the only place it's close to the road (Sandwich Notch Rd) camping is not allowed with 1/4 mile of said road :)

On Saturday morning we saw a big tent set up in the Mt. Cleveland "scenic view" area just off of route 3, so no doubt it was a busy weekend up there. To answer your question, though, I suspect GG's got it right.

Well, guess what? We did a Square Ledge Loop today and I thought of both of you. There were like 10 million possibilities along the Oliverian Brook Trail. It was a flat, gentle walk right up to where it meets the Passaconoway Cutoff. So I guess it would be a possibility to get a spot without too much effort.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:39 pm
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

I stopped by that visitor center in Lincoln about 3:15PM on a weekday recently as I needed to replace a badly faded "Interagency Annual Pass" (also known as an "America the Beautiful Pass"). The gal at the desk told me that only USFS personnel could do that, and they left at 3PM each day for their office in Campton.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2