Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Is it just me, or............ 
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: Is it just me, or............
Referring to the original post: When that happens, if I have room in front of me, I speed up and block 'em. The best thing is that sometimes the drivers behind me follow suit :D !

NEFF: 31/50
NEHH: 75/100

Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

well...

I'm a Masshole and proud of it.

I drive in a spirited fashion. I love to drive. I like to be first. I don't care to have people in front of me. I like to drive how i want to. If that means I burn more gas, oh well. It is mine to burn. If you want to pass me and have a good time. Go ahead! Who am I to judge? You may just save me from a ticket.

If you cannot pass someone in a passing zone, you don't know what you are doing. Drop way back and simply gun it when the zone approaches, pass the offending jerk vehicle who thinks they are superior and that you should drive 5mph below the speed limit. They wont be able to react quickly enough unless that have some exotic vehicle. Laugh as they assume their place in your rear view mirror.

If someone is tailgating you. (on a single lane road) They should know their place. This unskilled driver doesn't know how to properly pass. Unload your wiper fluid on them. They WILL get the hint. Your windshield will also be minty fresh!

If you are being tailgated in the left lane on a multiple lane road. Pull over to the right. You have no business being here. Regardless of the road conditions.

If you are being tailgaed on a multiple lane road in the right lane. Tell them they are number one and load out the wiper fluid. Perhaps going 20mph on the interstate is in order.

If you are part of a rolling roadblock on a multi lane highway. You are a jerk and should be ticketed as this is actually illegal. You must keep to the right unless passing.

If you have 5 or more cars behind you waiting to go faster. Pull over. This is also your legal obligation.

You are not to dictate how others drive. The boys in blue are there for that. Too many social justice warriors out there for me not to want to be first.

Everyone else is the problem
:twisted:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

thegibba wrote:
well...

Laugh as they assume their place in your rear view mirror.

If someone is tailgating you. Unload your wiper fluid on them. They WILL get the hint. Your windshield will also be minty fresh!

If you are being tailgated in the left lane on a multiple lane road. Pull over to the right. You have no business being here.

If you are being tailgaed on a multiple lane road in the right lane. Tell them they are number one and load out the wiper fluid.

You are not to dictate how others drive.

Everyone else is the problem
:twisted:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Good laugh with my morning coffee. Was waiting for some of our Bay Staters to chime in. You guys get a bad rep, but I have to say that when driving on your state's roadways, I adopt a "kill or be killed" attitude. Seems the only way to get in and around Boston at least. :lol:

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am
Sovereign Woodsman

About being tailgated....what I do is tap on the brakes. Man-o-man! Watch the car behind you. They think you're stopping and they jam on their brakes and usually slow down...or get really pissed at you too, and give you the finger when they finally realize they could pass you...DAAA! (I only do that if the speed limit is like 70mph, and I'm doing 75mph) I hate being tailgated when the other car can pass you, and I'm already going over the speed limit. Margaret tells me to not look in the rear view mirror....but I drove a tractor trailer since I was 18 years old. I have my road pride to think of! :lol:

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:07 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Unfortunately Joe with all the road rage incidents on the rise, that tactic will either get you shot+ killed or hurt in some way. People just don't give a crap anymore in this ME generation.

Greg

Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:23 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I hear ya Greg. It just piss's me off being tailgated when I'm already going over the speed limit. It doesn't happen too much because people usually do go around me.

I had this woman once tailgating me. So I did the brake thing to her. Wow did she get PO'ed at me. This was a woman probably in her early 30's. So she pulls along side of me and she's yelling at the top of her lungs at me. I can't even post the words she was saying. I just laughed at her, which made her even more PO'ed. I only said one thing to her...."Do you kiss your kids with that mouth"? She told me to go F my mother and than took off and was tailgating everyone as far as I could see. This was near exit 3 on I-93S.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:35 pm
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum

You want to see some pissed off people? Just wait until next Wed. when the hands free law goes into effect and the cops start handing out tickets like they are toilet paper! :twisted:

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

New Hampshire wrote:
You want to see some pissed off people? Just wait until next Wed. when the hands free law goes into effect and the cops start handing out tickets like they are toilet paper! :twisted:

HEE HEE HEE HEE. Good one Brian

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:00 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

New Hampshire wrote:

That didn't do a damned thing in Massholia.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:11 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

thegibba wrote:
New Hampshire wrote:

That didn't do a damned thing in Massholia.

The hands-free law didn't do much in NY which has had that law for 7-8 years (both texting + talking). It's a rather hard one to enforce (though easier than the current MA law where talking on the phone is OK, but texting is not).

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:24 am
Sovereign Woodsman

I approve of this law in a way. A year and a half ago, I was driving on a side street and coming up to another side street crossing mine. The other street had a stop sign, I didn't. So I see a car coming slow to the stop sign...I then looked the other way to see if there was a car coming from that direction, and when I looked in front of me, there was that car that was supposed to STOP at the stop sign right in front of me. "BAM"! I slammed into this girls passenger side. She just kept going and totaled the front end of my one year old Honda CV-R. I was able to pull over to the curb before my car died. She NOW decides to stop on the other side of the street. But the damage was done already. Her car was drivable and able to be fixed....mine wasn't. This idiot was texting while driving! Good thing this happened right in front of the police station on South St in Concord. When the police came out to talk to us, one of them asked me if I was OK. I said yes, but I asked, "this wasn't my fault, right"? He said no....a lot of us just happened to be looking out the window when it happened. And he was the one who told me the other person was texting while driving. That's why she went through the stop sign. She even told the police she was texting.

It's a good thing I had the word of a few police officers for my insurance company to see. Otherwise, it might have looked like it was my fault.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3