Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 AMC Awards Tonight - favor please?? 
Sovereign Woodsman

AMC Awards Tonight - favor please??
I looked but I couldn't find a thread about this already - my apologies if there was one. Obviously I am not going, but my parents are. My mom finished her list a couple of years ago but my dad finished this past summer while were in in Boise. I am so so so proud of him for his accomplishment, as it was not on his radar at the beginning (before starting hiking with us I'm not sure the last time he exercised...) but then he was persistent and finished. He gave me a huge hug when Pete and I finished. I was very disappointed that I wasn't around last summer to return the favor.

So if any of you guys are going tonight, keep an eye out for my mom and dad - Kim and Steve Klemarczyk. Recognizable by their matching silver hair (and the fact that my mom and I are spitting images). I don't know if there is applause or anything when names are announced but if you could give them a big whoop for me I would appreciate it :)

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Re: AMC Awards Tonight - favor please??
DAMN!!!! I wanted to go to this and forgot about it and then agreed to watch my granddaughters. I would have cheered your folks on, and I wanted to see Spencer and others get theirs, too!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:04 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Kelly, we heard them called and gave them a good cheer. One of us (I forget who) even shouted out "congrats Kelly's parents" or something like that which seemed to amuse and confuse them at the same time :D (They were trying to peer through the lights to see who it was).

My Trip Reports: http://mattshikes.blogspot.com/

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Hey! I meant to come back on and thank you guys after the ceremony. I talked to my mom as she was on her way home....she said that she got called up and then a bunch of people started "hootin and hollerin" but she had no idea who it was. I told her about my post on hike-nh so that cleared up some confusion :) But thanks so much to you guys for doing the cheering that I couldn't!!! Knew I could count on you :)

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.

Tue May 19, 2015 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]