Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 For You 
Peak Bagger
Peak Bagger

For You
Well hello there!

Just about 6 months ago something bad happened at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. A few of you, some who had not been posting much at the time, were affected in some way either by volunteering or living nearby. You didn't post about it (that I saw, anyway), so I will respect that and just say you know who you are. Me being me, had a hard time just sitting and watching, unable to do anything. So I contacted a friend who had run the marathon several times and I asked her to get me ready for 2014. Once she stopped laughing, she gracefully agreed. After a lot of discussion, she convinced me to sign up for the Hartford 1/2 marathon. This came just about the same time to sign up for FOT48, and I started to worry about killing my knee and ruining months of training, so that's why I backed out. Sorry about that. But anyway, to make an even longer story short, my running buddy did a far better job than I ever anticipated in getting me ready and we decided to bump me from the 1/2 to the full marathon this Saturday. So... yeah. This one's for you.

Eric

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]