Hike-NH.com
http://forum.hike-nh.com/

Highland Games will be at Loon Mountain
http://forum.hike-nh.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6740
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Don MacLeod [ Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Highland Games will be at Loon Mountain

Plan for traffic on the Lincoln side of the Kancamagus this weekend. The NH Highland Games will be at Loon Mountain (http://www.nhscot.org/)

Caber
http://youtu.be/JhWhedvJND4

Claymore
http://youtu.be/GSB2LM3wPC4

Massing of the pipe bands
http://youtu.be/fgxU7UAzIgk

Celtica
http://youtu.be/wHaSl5CCxe0

Author:  Kathy [ Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the heads up. I had forgotten it was this weekend. Was thinking of catching an easy trailhead off the Kanc but will definitely look elsewhere for my fun this weekend.

Author:  Granite Guy [ Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thoughts of Mt. Pemi with the fmily had danced in my head for Sunday if the front moves through in time. Now I'm thinking Kearsage. Thanks for the heads up.

Author:  JustJoe [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:06 am ]
Post subject: 

We've had our condo (right across the street) on that weekend a couple of times. I've found the traffic there and in town not too bad as the parking is well off sight. The parking for the highland games is at Whales Tale Water Park. They bus you to Loon from there.

Edit: Just realized it's red-neck ;), I mean NASCAR weekend as well. Doable whammy Sunday. Head home early if you're up there Sunday.

Author:  Kathy [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Granite Guy wrote:
Thoughts of Mt. Pemi with the fmily had danced in my head for Sunday if the front moves through in time. Now I'm thinking Kearsage. Thanks for the heads up.


You should be ok w/the Pemi hike. Parking at Flume area should not be problematic

Author:  KellyK [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

JustJoe wrote:
We've had our condo (right across the street) on that weekend a couple of times. I've found the traffic there and in town not too bad as the parking is well off sight. The parking for the highland games is at Whales Tale Water Park. They bus you to Loon from there.

Edit: Just realized it's red-neck ;), I mean NASCAR weekend as well. Doable whammy Sunday. Head home early if you're up there Sunday.


What time does the floodgate open on Sun? Sometime in the afternoon? We'll be going through there around 10:30-11 AM - just wanted to make sure we wouldn't hit anything.

EDIT: We'll be heading south at that time.

Author:  Kathy [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

If it rains they cannot race so it's anyone's bet when the SB traffic will get stupid

Author:  KellyK [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kathy wrote:
If it rains they cannot race so it's anyone's bet when the SB traffic will get stupid


Ick. Ok. Will keep one eye to the sky and will cross our fingers that we can get through ok!

Author:  Granite Guy [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kathy wrote:
Granite Guy wrote:
Thoughts of Mt. Pemi with the fmily had danced in my head for Sunday if the front moves through in time. Now I'm thinking Kearsage. Thanks for the heads up.


You should be ok w/the Pemi hike. Parking at Flume area should not be problematic


More worried about the tolls. Wonder how well the high speed tolling will work? I'd have the same problem with Kearsage too I guess. Might just have to head up the coast to Maine somewhere if the rain clears out there in time. Camden Hills maybe and save Pemi for leaf season, when traffic probably won't be any better actually. :?

Author:  JustJoe [ Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just posted the times a few weeks ago but forgot already. :roll: But I think the signs say expect delays from 2 or 3PM to midnight on race days.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/