Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PLEASE VOTE ON TUESDAY NOV 6th 
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

PLEASE VOTE ON TUESDAY NOV 6th
WE NEED THE VOTES - PLEASE VOTE!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

What do you need the votes for?

Id guess anyone who doesn't know by now to vote Tuesday either lives in a cave or doesn't care enough to vote just because a hiking forum tells them to.

But yes everyone should go vote. Whoever and whatever its for we're fortunate to have that right and should all go out and exercise it.[code][/code]

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

Did my civic duty.

Does anyone know how one gets "chosen" to show up for jury selection? Is it DMV records or voting registration that prompts one to be on a "list?"

I am miffed as to why I have been selected for the second time (once in 05 and again starting next Friday). When my lovely husband has lived in Grafton County his whole life and has never been called to serve jury duty, nor has his father!

The yuk part about it is I have to drive to North Haverhill, NH and it is approximately 70 miles, 1.5 hours + drive one way at a whopping .20 cents per mile. $10.00 A Day. Whoo hoo. The only good thing is this time it is "grand jury" vs the last time itwas just the typical jury duty for small stuff. Maybe if I end up getting selected it will be "interesting." The other yuk part is I have to go one Friday a month for the next four months for selection!! I hope the weather cooperates!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 am
Hiking Forums Are My Crack

Never been chosen either and have no idea how it works.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get something interesting. Or maybe you'll get stuck in a hotel room for weeks with people who just can't make up their mind on something! :D. Hope it works out for you in the end, I hope to stay with your husband in the never been chosen category!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

I actually voted for the first time today. It felt... good. Although I'm now eligible to be called for jury duty :( .

NEFF: 31/50
NEHH: 75/100

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

hiking lady wrote:
Did my civic duty.

Does anyone know how one gets "chosen" to show up for jury selection? Is it DMV records or voting registration that prompts one to be on a "list?"

I am miffed as to why I have been selected for the second time (once in 05 and again starting next Friday). When my lovely husband has lived in Grafton County his whole life and has never been called to serve jury duty, nor has his father!

The yuk part about it is I have to drive to North Haverhill, NH and it is approximately 70 miles, 1.5 hours + drive one way at a whopping .20 cents per mile. $10.00 A Day. Whoo hoo. The only good thing is this time it is "grand jury" vs the last time itwas just the typical jury duty for small stuff. Maybe if I end up getting selected it will be "interesting." The other yuk part is I have to go one Friday a month for the next four months for selection!! I hope the weather cooperates!

I've done both plain (I think called 'petit') jury and grand jury. The old saying was a prosecutor could get an indictment for a ham sandwich - and it seemed true for us, most people's attitude was if soeone was indicted they were probably guilty, so let the trial decide. Very disillusioning.

The one thing I liked was how similar many of the stories were - most of the cases began " ... the person(s) were friends who often drank together. They were drinking and an argument developed ....".

Many of the others began " ... so & so was pulled over for speeding (or some other traffic infraction) , that's when we noticed a large duffle bag with white powder spilled on it ... "

We did get a couple interesting cases, but most are pretty ordinary and often very pathetic ...

I think the selectmen provide a list, based on voter registrations, at least that's how it used to work. Good luck. It will be interesting.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]