Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Random question about wedding invitations: opinions wanted 
Mountaineer
Mountaineer

The only advice that I can give is to be as specific as possible on your invitations. Hints are not going to work. Some parents might even suggest that you have no right to exclude children, even though it is your wedding. Be selective on who you invite and do not invite those who might not respect your wishes.
And last, you might even need a “bouncer” at the door to turn away people who didn’t get the message.

On a personal note, my wife and I are childfree by choice. My wife adores her nieces and nephews, while I’ve come to the party late after hiking with some exceptional children. However, I still believe there are times when an adult only function is acceptable without giving the appearance of being a child hater. Best wishes on a lovely wedding.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:46 am
Leg Burner
Leg Burner

I agree - BE SPECIFIC, otherwise people will think it is open for their children. I would also be prepared to get flack about it, howvere it is "your" wedding and you have every right to have children there or not.
Good luck to you!! :)
Sara

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:23 pm
Sovereign Woodsman

"In order to ensure (insure? whichever) a focused and celebratory environment, Littlebuggy22 and his/her fiance respectfully request that other arrangements be made for young children. We apologize for any inconvenience which this request may incur."

I think you're right that a *hint* won't be noticed or understood by at least some, and specific is better. At the same time, I'm suspicious that no matter what, SOMEbody (or somebodies) will show up with kids anyway. No wedding goes off perfectly, but as tragic as that might sound to a couple before hand, it often ends up adding levity in the moment and memories thereafter. Do your best to create the environment you want, but try to enjoy the whole experience and not stress about stuff that you really can't control (namely other people).

(Advice you didn't ask for, I know.)

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 am
Sovereign Woodsman

Just noticed the date here. I guess probably this won't be helpful!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 am
Flatfoot
Flatfoot

Haha yeah the wedding has since come and gone, but thank you anyway for the input Grindboy. It is appreciated all the same.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]