Click for Mount Washington, New Hampshire Forecast

Mt. Washington Temp.
Click pic for forecast.

...More Topics...

 

 

Get Firefox!

Backcountry ski and snowboard gear, camping

Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Made with CSS

Validated by W3C

       
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:41 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!! 
Author Message
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 1983
Location: Boise, ID
Reply with quote
 Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!!
Hope everyone has a fun way of celebrating! Pete and I distributed beads on Wildcat A and Carter Dome on Saturday since we weren't able to hike today :) If you need a diversion today, I highly recommend this - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/n ... bonstreet/

_________________
NH4ks 48x3
W48

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.


Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm
Posts: 1057
Location: Western Mass. Avatar: West Bond
Reply with quote
 
My band played a "Mardi Gras" Party on Saturday. They had a contest where the person in the bar who was wearing the most beads would win a free vacation down to New Orleans. 8)

_________________
ImageImage


Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 1983
Location: Boise, ID
Reply with quote
 
AH!!! You should have told us! I would have won!! We have a huge bag full of a staggering number of beads from a couple trips down to New Orleans. Back problems be damned, I would have loaded up!!

_________________
NH4ks 48x3
W48

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.


Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm
Posts: 2716
Location: Warner, NH
Reply with quote
 
I could've flashed my chest, and said give me beads or I'll do it again. I woulda won. :)

_________________
What is this hiking stuff, anyway?


Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile
Hiking Forums Are My Crack
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 7137
Location: Exeter, NH
Reply with quote
 
woods dweller wrote:
My band played a "Mardi Gras" Party on Saturday. They had a contest where the person in the bar who was wearing the most beads would win a free vacation down to New Orleans. 8)

I worked at a busy nightvlub in Portsmouth as a bouncer after college for a few years and there was always a big Fat Tuesday party. You don't need to offer the trip. It's really amazing what people will do for that 10 cent string of beads.

And nice link to the camera. I tuned in just in time to see some dude riding a big pink ostrich giving out bead. At least I think it was an ostrich.


Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:18 am
Posts: 444
Location: Maine
Reply with quote
 Re: Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!!
KellyK wrote:
If you need a diversion today, I highly recommend this - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/n ... bonstreet/


thanks for the link, I got to watch the garbage truck roll through this morning :D

_________________
Keith
NE 4k 67 x 2


Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 1983
Location: Boise, ID
Reply with quote
 Re: Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!!
kpmmbm wrote:
KellyK wrote:
If you need a diversion today, I highly recommend this - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/n ... bonstreet/


thanks for the link, I got to watch the garbage truck roll through this morning :D


The best part is when the soap truck drives around and shampoos the road :)

_________________
NH4ks 48x3
W48

They call me Mrs. Ambitious.


Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am
Profile
Mountain Maestro
Mountain Maestro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:18 am
Posts: 444
Location: Maine
Reply with quote
 Re: Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!!
KellyK wrote:
kpmmbm wrote:
KellyK wrote:
If you need a diversion today, I highly recommend this - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/n ... bonstreet/


thanks for the link, I got to watch the garbage truck roll through this morning :D


The best part is when the soap truck drives around and shampoos the road :)


we gotta get a life :D :D :D

_________________
Keith
NE 4k 67 x 2


Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm
Profile
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 4700
Location: Goffstown Avatar:I love you, you love me!
Reply with quote
 
I remember watching this documentary (the name of which I can not recall right now) which was eye opening. It was about the sweat shops in China that make the beads everyone chucks around at Mardi Gras. Pretty sad watching 12 year old girls working 12+ hours a day at something like a penny or two per bead necklace so that people half way across the world can treat them as junk novelties. Yeah, I know, call me Mr. Buzzkill. But then again I don't get the Mardi Gras thing anyways (I'll take a corner of Alaska with more moose than people per square mile over New Orleans any day :D )

Brian


Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 
New Hampshire wrote:
I'll take a corner of Alaska with more moose than people per square mile over New Orleans any day :D


Need a driver? 8)

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 4700
Location: Goffstown Avatar:I love you, you love me!
Reply with quote
 
Kathy wrote:
New Hampshire wrote:
I'll take a corner of Alaska with more moose than people per square mile over New Orleans any day :D


Need a driver? 8)


Absolutely! :D

Brian

P.S. How are you backwoods cabin building and bush plane flying skills? :lol:


Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: south of the notches
Reply with quote
 
New Hampshire wrote:
Kathy wrote:
New Hampshire wrote:
I'll take a corner of Alaska with more moose than people per square mile over New Orleans any day :D


Need a driver? 8)


Absolutely! :D

Brian

P.S. How are you backwoods cabin building and bush plane flying skills? :lol:


I am a fast learner!

_________________
Life is a trip ~ pack accordingly


Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm
Posts: 1057
Location: Western Mass. Avatar: West Bond
Reply with quote
 
New Hampshire wrote:
I remember watching this documentary (the name of which I can not recall right now) which was eye opening. It was about the sweat shops in China that make the beads everyone chucks around at Mardi Gras. Pretty sad watching 12 year old girls working 12+ hours a day at something like a penny or two per bead necklace so that people half way across the world can treat them as junk novelties. Yeah, I know, call me Mr. Buzzkill.


It seems that just about everything we own is made by slave labor in China......Hiking Gear, the Computers we use, clothing... :(

_________________
ImageImage


Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
I Spend All My Time on This Forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 4700
Location: Goffstown Avatar:I love you, you love me!
Reply with quote
 
woods dweller wrote:
It seems that just about everything we own is made by slave labor in China......Hiking Gear, the Computers we use, clothing... :(


Alas quite true, and a fact I am none to happy about, trust me. The sad thing is that I can't buy American made (or at the very least a country who's labor laws are more ideal) even if I wanted too, except for rare or oddball stuff. :(

But I digress.... :D

Brian


Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile
Sovereign Woodsman
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm
Posts: 2716
Location: Warner, NH
Reply with quote
 
New Hampshire wrote:
(I'll take a corner of Alaska with more moose than people per square mile over New Orleans any day :D )

I know breakfast, lunch and dinner are on your mind when you say this. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

_________________
What is this hiking stuff, anyway?


Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Hike-NH.com based on STSoftware.